Monday, March 1, 2010

February may be gone, but I'm still here!

It appears as though February got the best of me.

I assure you, I'm still kicking. I really want to keep faithful to writing because I have officially been accepted to Iliff School of Theology's Masters of Social Change program (and recently received word of a stellar scholarship). With graduate school right around the corner, I need to stay on top of some of these basic skills. [I've also began Rosetta Stone en Espanol!]

Work has been full of grant writing, Global Youth Service Day preparation, field trips, summer program planning and welcoming of new kids. I get hugs, I get attitude, I get impossible homework and A+ worksheets, I get tired, but all in all, I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, look at these kids, so freaking cute.
I spend the rest of my time going to Oscar-nominated movies, suffering through my Lent decision to give up meat and eat at least one meal a day of rice, drinking good beer and lots of tea, going to art shows, experiencing my first roller derby, baking bread, missing D.C., religiously watching the Daily Show and Colbert Report and anxiously awaiting the answers to my LOST questions.

A heartfelt thank you, February, but honestly, I'm really freaking glad to see you, March.

2 comments:

  1. You have to love stellar scholarships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Eli!!
    Congratulations!
    I would also be more than happy to practice espanol contigo, amiga mia.
    I'm meeting an hour a week with a Puerto Rican friend to practice my written grammar so that I can test out of Spanish 5 when I start college this fall.
    Love you Eli! And congrats again! I'll have to visit you in Colorado :)
    (oh, and I got a green dress for Kalie's wedding...yay...can't wait to see you again)

    ReplyDelete