Sunday, May 2, 2010

Avocados.



For the past month(s) I have basically lived off of the most delicious dish I've ever created. I'm no cook [my family will firmly attest to this], but I bet they'd even be impressed with this one. Basically, I make couscous [which takes literally 5 minutes], cut up an avocado, sprinkle some salt, add kidney beans, walnuts, a little olive oil and the juice of an orange. This covers two meals and it's so good that I eat it over and over again [with slight variations].

All this avocado eating has literally given me dreams about one day owning my own avocado farm. After some research I learned that most avocado farming is about the watering, and knowing how advanced irrigation systems are these days, I think I can handle that. I would bring my crop to the local farmer's market and I'd wear a hat like this:
and it would be awesome.

I believe it was my Yakima, Washington birth that makes my heart lean towards the tree fruit life. The best date I've ever had was spending an afternoon four-wheeling through the apple orchards with Popsicle in hand. [Ah, first grade....you were good to me.]

I love the life in the city and I plan to build a "career" [whatever that looks like] within an urban setting, but when I tire of that [or choose to retire, I suppose] I think the life as a farmer would suit me well.
Plus, I look good in those hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment