Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break is exhausting.

Yesterday another AmeriCorps worker, Kari, and I took 40 kids roller skating.



Today, I took kids to a greenhouse where we planted hot peppers, tomatoes, basil, green onions and marigolds to use in the first community garden at Dunedin. Amanda, our greenhouse hostess, told the kids that it's a good idea to plant foods that complement each other near one another, for example, basil next to tomatoes, etc. She asked the kids, "What should we plant hot peppers next to?" Almost in unison, they exclaimed, "Noodles!"


Tomorrow I'll be hiding 180 plastic Easter eggs.
[And waiting for my family to arrive for the weekend!]

1 comment:

  1. Your life sounds fantastic. Not even kidding. I want to go to an Easter egg hunt so badly.

    ReplyDelete