Monday, December 7, 2009

What would you do with $1000?

My favorite part of the job is when I find myself in the kitchen or around the table with just a few of the kids. It's these smaller group discussions that warm my heart.

Today was one of those days, and around a table of celery sticks and peanut butter I asked what they would buy with $1000.

Makayla said she would "buy something for my mother...maybe a diamond necklace and a diamond ring."

Ju'wanne said he'd "buy a five bedroom townhome for the family."

Godwin said he'd buy "a PS2, a game cube, a Nintendo Wii, a PSP, two big screen HD TVs, DVD players for me and all my friends..."
..."but I'm only giving you $1000, Godwin. You may have to pick only a few of those things."
"Shoot, I'd shop on Black Friday!"

Genius.

2 comments:

  1. here's to dreaming big -- totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gawd i'm old. i'd put it in a cd.
    found your blog via "an experiment in poverty". very cool!

    ReplyDelete